I know it seems like I can’t get very far in each day’s reading before I “camp out” and get on my soap box. Today is no different, but this scripture is one of my favorites, so I just can’t help it! I’m sure you’ll be hearing that a lot before the year is over! 🙂
Genesis 15:6—An Abram believed the Lord, and the Lord counted it to him as righteousness because of his faith.
Abram Believed God.
Beth shared five things that we need to believe to be able to move from believing in God to BELIEVING GOD.
We need to believe…
1. “God is who He says He is.”
2. “God can do what He says He can do.”
3. “I am who God says I am.”
4. “I can do all things through Christ.”
5. “God’s Word is alive and active in me.”
The first time I remember this scripture becoming real to me was many years ago when I was playing the organ in church. It was a Sunday morning and we were in the middle of the worship service and my eyes locked on to this woman out in the congregation and almost immediately my heart was filled with compassion for her. I prayed for her as I was playing the organ and then I felt this urge to get off the organ bench and go pray with her. Immediately I thought. “I can’t do that; everyone will look at me.” They’ll think I’m trying to be super-spiritual!
I thought for a minute…
- What this my idea? No, I would never think of that.
- Was this in line with God’s Word? I think so.
- Did I feel as if the Holy Spirit was speaking to me? Yes.
All of a sudden this scripture (Gen.15:6) came to mind. I’m sure I didn’t know the address; I never know the address…
I felt the Holy Spirit reassuring me:
If you are doing this because you
- believe Me
- believe I can do anything
- believe you are my child
- believe you can do anything if I enable you to do it
- believe you are hearing Me because My Word is alive and active in you
Then, even if you didn’t hear everything exactly right or say everything exactly right, I will count it to you as righteousness because of your obedience to act by faith. And, “Oh, by the way, I’ll clean up any mistakes you make!” So, go ahead and believe Me. This was the point in my relationship with Jesus where I began to move from just believing in God to BELIEVING GOD!
Can you share a time with you moved from believing in God to believing God?
Blessings in Jesus!
Click here to visit blog