Today’s Scripture Reading: Exodus 20:1–22:15
Heavenly Father, thank You for loving us enough to command us to rest.
“Remember to observe the Sabbath day by keeping it holy. You have six days each week for your ordinary work, but the seventh day is a Sabbath day of rest dedicated to the Lord your God. On that day no one in your household may do any work. This includes you, your sons and daughters, your male and female servants, your livestock, and any foreigners living among you. For in six days the Lord made the heavens, the earth, the sea, and everything in them; but on the seventh day he rested. That is why the Lord blessed the Sabbath day and set it apart as holy. —Exodus 20:8-11
Lord, in these four verses You teach us so much.
- Leaders and parents shouldn’t just tell those they lead what to do but they must lead by example. It’s the only way to lead.
- You, the God who sees everything took time to rest, so we, Your children should rest as well.
- We have the ability to make a day holy or unholy.
- Pulling away from the world and dedicated a day to you each week is a holy act.
- The day we rest each week is blessed by God
Father, time with You is healing to our body, minds and spirits. Thank You for loving us enough to command us to rest from the cares of the world.
In Jesus’ Name. Amen and Amen!
©2014, Dianne Guthmuller
Tomorrow’s Scripture Reading: