Today’s Scripture Reading: 1 Chronicles 23:1 through 1 Chronicles 25:31
Wisegeek.com defines a tagline as “a slogan (short, attention-getting phrase) which succinctly, memorably, and descriptively sums up a company or product.”
Taglineguru.com lists these as the top five taglines of all time:
- Got Milk (1993) ———————————– Calif. Milk Board
- Don’t leave home without it (1975)————- American Express
- Just do it (1988) ———————————- Nike
- Where’s the beef (1984)————————– Wendy’s
- You’re in good hands with Allstate (1956)—– Allstate Insurance
In today’s scripture reading I found Moses’ tagline:
As for Moses, the man of God, his sons were included with the tribe of Levi. –1 Chronicles 23:14
Moses…the man of God
Think about it, when anyone said “the man of God” they would all say, “that’s Moses!”
When your family, friends, neighbors or coworkers describe you, what “tagline” do they use? What’s the first thought that runs through their head about you?
When my son was a teenager and young adult he used a tagline when he tried to “explain” me to his friends. I think he stills uses it. I guess he wanted them to be on their best behavior when they were around me so that he would not get a lecture about his choice in friends. Jeremy would say, “My Mom is real churchy.” With that one word Jeremy hoped they would understand:
- My Mom talks about God
- There are Bibles on our coffee table
- She doesn’t like profanity; matter of fact she thinks dumb, stupid and shut up are curse words
- We say the blessing before we eat
- She prays for me before I go to school–out loud!
- She’ll probably pray for you too
While I really don’t want to be known as churchy; even though it has become a term of endearment when Jeremy says it… I would love to be described as “the woman of God” by my Heavenly Father and have something about me point others to Him.
Moses certainly didn’t start out as “the man of God.” He was insecure, full of guilt and reluctant to step out, but God coached him day-by-day until he became God’s man.
Coached by God?
Can we be coached by God to become His man or woman?
I believe we can, if we check in with Him on a regular basis through
- reading and meditating on His Word
- talking and listening to Him
- obeying Him
I want to be that woman of God! I’m going for it! How about you?
Heavenly Father, I know I’m no Moses, but I am loved by You as much as Moses! I want to be one of Your women of God. Please teach me and coach me! Use me for Your Glory!
In Jesus Name. Amen and Amen!
©2012, Dianne Guthmuller
Tomorrow’s Scripture Reading: 1 Chronicles 26:1 through 1 Chronicles 28:21