Today’s Scripture Reading: Proverbs 25:1 through Proverbs 29:27
Happy Friday Everyone! Today begins the second half of our journey.
Can you believe it, we’ve been reading everyday for six months?
Is this a life-changing experience or what?
I really appreciate your faithfulness to this study! I know “It’s Not about Me,” Max Lucado is constantly reminding me of that fact as I’m reading his book by that title, but knowing we are doing this together makes it much more fun!
Here’s one more thing I like about reading the Chronological Bible…
If I were just reading through the Proverbs I would barely notice this verse:
These are more proverbs of Solomon, collected by the advisers of King Hezekiah of Judah. –Proverbs 25:1
But, because I’m reading about Hezekiah and all the good he’s doing and I read about his dad Ahaz and all the bad he did, it’s a B-I-G reminder that keeping the Word of God close and reading it everyday helps us to be great leaders in our homes, workplaces, churches and communities.
I have read today’s scriptures twice trying to narrow down a topic, but there’s so many amazing nuggets it’s just impossible to choose one, so I decided to give you my Top 5 Proverbs for the day. What’s your Top 5?
Here’s my Top 5:
- It’s God’s privilege to conceal things and the king’s privilege to discover them (25:2).
- A person without self-control is like a city with broken-down walls (25:28).
- As iron sharpens iron, so a friend sharpens a friend (27:17).
- As a face is reflected in water, so the heart reflects the real person (27:19).
- Fire tests the purity of silver and gold, but a person is tested by being praised (27:21).
- Discipline your children, and they will give you peace of mind and will make your heart glad (28:17)
Oops! That’s six. Oh well, I just can’t choose which one to delete!
As I read and re-read each verse in these five chapters I was amazed how these Proverbs covered it all. We got expert advice on—
- Dealing with those in authority over us
- Our neighbor
- Our self
- Our enemies
- Our employer
- Our spouses
- Our children
Where else can we go and find answers to every question we will ever have in one volume? There’s only one place–the Living word of God!
I’m so thankful for God’s Word! As I lay my hands on the pages I’m brought to tears that the God of the Universe would make a way for me to know Him! Friends, we are blessed!
Thanks for being that iron that sharpens me! I pray I do the same for you!
© 2012 Dianne Guthmuller
Tomorrow’s Scripture Reading: Proverbs 30:1 through Proverbs 31:31